OSMEN Outdoor Furniture can be purchased online at https://osmen.com.au/, or at our showrooms located at Alexandria, Artarmon, Auburn, Belrose, Castle Hill, Moore Park and Smithfield. Find a store here
We feature all kinds of high quality outdoor furniture including aluminium, synthetic wicker, teak, sling, and cushion.
No. At OSMEN, you can either purchase outdoor furniture as a set or the products which are sold individually.
Not always. We try to keep a large range of items on display, however, you may not be able to see the item you are looking to purchase in the color combination you are after. If you can’t view the item in its actual color, there will be an alternative sample item for you to see.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can either leave us message on the contact us page, Chat live with us or call us on 13009 OSMEN (that is 13009 67 636) or (02) 9693 1603.
Yes! Our products are designed to thrive in the outdoor environment. However, we highly recommend regular cleaning and maintenance to extend the lifetime of your sets.
Depends on the material that the outdoor furniture is made of.
Sunbrella® fibers are saturated to the core with highly UV-stable pigments, making Sunbrella® fabrics resistant to fading and degrading effects of sunlight. All Sunbrella® fabrics are engineered to resist mold and mildew. Should exposure to dirt and debris cause mold and mildew to occur, all Sunbrella® fabrics can easily and safely be cleaned with bleach.
It’s not necessary but we recommend it. Covering the furniture will help your furniture to last longer period and also minimise the amount of maintenance and care that your outdoor furniture will require to keep it looking like new.
It depends on the creator and the product. All options are outlined on the product page, so look out for customization options there.
Maintenance & Care
- Positioning your furniture under shade such as awnings, pergolas or umbrellas will maximize its life
- Covering your furniture with a cover can help to lessen any damage caused by exposure to the elements.
- Furniture must be completely dry beforehand to avoid molding and/or damage from moisture
- For self-assembled products, check periodically to re-tighten any fasteners
- Always use your furniture in a proper way
- Do not put too much unnecessary pressure on edges, handles, or arms
- Chairs, tables, and lounges must be placed on a relatively even surface to avoid damaging the furniture, and user injury
Aluminium is the most popular metal for outdoor furniture. It’s strong, durable, rust free, and lightweight.
In terms of maintenance, we recommend using water or neutral detergents with soft cloth. We also offer Stone & Metal Cleaner, for intensive cleaning. This cleaner can be used directly to the furniture. For best results follow with Guardsman Weather Defence Metal Protector.
Stainless steel is able to withstand rust and corrosion, but powder coating recommended for added resistance, especially in coastal areas where salt air and water are present
- Use a dedicated stainless steel cleaner for more stubborn stains carefully following the instructions on packaging. We recommend Guardsman Metal Protector
- Remove any cushions or coverings before cleaning
- Clean using a mild detergent and warm water, make sure you rinse the surface thoroughly to prevent staining and spotting
- Towel dry to prevent spots from water minerals
Wicker is a synthetic rattan weave. All of our wicker product is hand woven over a rust-free aluminium frame. It’s fully withstands the elements of nature.
- Remove any cushions or coverings before cleaning
- Clean with warm, mildly soapy water. Rinse with clean, cold water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive chemicals.
- Do not use high-pressure hoses to clean as wicker is very lightweight.
- Use wicker protector to block UV rays from time to time
Wicker & Texteline Cleaner is the best choice for maintenance. It’s a non-foaming cleaner which is able to remove dirt easily and restore the new look of wicker & texteline.
Teak is a high quality natural material suitable for outdoor furniture. It’s incredibly strong and doesn’t warp, crack, or become brittle like many woods because it has a high natural oil content. It’s extremely resist to water, humidity, saltiness, and temperature.
Teak is relatively easy to care for and can be cleaned with mild soap and water. Teak protector and cleaner will be the best combination to keep the teak furniture look like new.
- Maintain colour with minimal oiling, untreated timber will patina into silver grey over time. Oiling your wood will also reduce minor cracking and splitting
- Clean with timber cleaning products and dry thoroughly, sand off persistent stains with high grit sandpaper if needed. Apply timber oil and shield afterwards
- Softwoods - Do not stand well to elements and need constant protection when not in use
High Pressure Laminate (HPL)
HPL has a sleek modern look and is extremely hard, helping it resist stains and scratches. It’s flame retardant and possesses antibacterial properties, and superficial marks from spills or impact as well.
Tempered glass is often used for outdoor tabletops, because of its resistance to temperature changes.
Ceramic has an elegant look and is the strongest material used for tabletops. It has a high scratch threshold and easy maintenance.
In terms of maintenance, we recommend using water or neutral detergents with soft cloth. We also offer Protector for HPL and multi surface cleaner to prevent stains and maintain the new look for longer.
Sunbrella® is generally recognised as the “gold standard” of acrylic outdoor textiles. Sunbrella® fibers are saturated to the core with highly UV-stable pigments, making Sunbrella® fabrics resistant to fading and degrading effects of sunlight. All Sunbrella® fabrics are engineered to resist mold and mildew. Should exposure to dirt and debris cause mold and mildew to occur, all Sunbrella® fabrics can easily and safely be cleaned with bleach.
Sunbrella® has products that range from soft and suitable for urban home use up to marine grade materials that can survive the rigors of salt water, wind and sun on yachts and catamarans.
For maintaining Sunbrella® fabrics, click here to find out more.
Olefin is another solution dyed synthetic fabric that is durable, quick drying and fades resistant. It withstands to mold, moisture and heat; resists stains and abrasions.
With a soft brush, remove any dirt and stains.
Most of our cushion fabrics are extremely resistant to water. However, heavy or consistent rainfall will still get your cushions wet. If your cushions do get wet, unzip the cushions and dry them thoroughly.
Turning cushions over regularly will even wear and fade.
Cleaning spills immediately. Blot as much of the spill as possible with a clean, dry, white cloth. Do not clean using harsh cleaning agents or chemicals, refer to the attached care label on fabric for detailed information on maintenance. We recommend using Guardsman Fabric Protector for prevention.
- Close umbrella during periods of wind or other inclement weather. Damage from wind or weather are not covered in warranty
- Close umbrella when not in use. Use umbrella cover if supplied when closed
- Ensure the umbrella is securely fitted to the correct base
Any damage at time of delivery needs to be reported to the driver immediately and to the store on the day that it happens, any damages to the customers property must be reported to the driver with photographic evidence to support the damage and a claim will need to be submitted.
Warranty periods vary from 1 – 5 years. For more information about warranty, please contact us on "Contact Us" page or give a call to our stores.